Friday 17 June 2011

Romance, murdered ♡

"The power of a hand-written letter is greater than ever. It’s personal, deliberate, and means more than an email or text ever will. It has a unique scent. It requires deciphering. But, most importantly, it’s flawed. There are errors in handwriting, punctuation, grammar, and spelling that show our vulnerability. And vulnerability is the essence of romance. It’s the art of being uncalculated, the willingness to look foolish, the courage to say, “This is me, and I’m interested in you enough to show you my flaws with the hope that you may embrace me for all that I am but, more importantly, all that I am not.” "

A quote from No Strings attached, which I found somewhat meaningful in this modern age where we clearly cast our lives to social media; which ironically casts shadows unto our true selves. Going to shower Cathy and snuggle up in bed with freshly brewed Chrysanthemum tea to nurse myself back to the pink of health, even though I'm still drunk with that laidback Aussie holiday mood.

Really thankful for the trip (except maybe for the cold drafts) with my family, to take in the sights and sounds of what Nature had to offer like a sunburn on the way to Queen Victoria market and a cold during lunch. Winter makes my hair and nails go awry, but winter never did sap the warmth that lied within the city - passion burning in an Artist, connections in an aged couple and the rays of sunshine of the afternoon Sun. Never did I had such a complex love-hate relationship with the Sun!



Preparing to develop the two rolls of film I brought along, secretly praying they weren't overexposed/affected by the X-rays through customs. The EOS650 proved to be a lovely companion this trip nonetheless! Just a glimpse of some of the picturesque landscapes peppered throughout the trip:



All in all, the outskirts were gorgeous and I was in awe in the presence of His creations ♥ So here I am thrown back into life, grappling on the pieces of reality I left behind. Missed some, didn't miss some. Barely two months of college holiday left, and so many more dreams in the baking. Home sweet home.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...