Friday 27 July 2012

HΔppy 21,


21st July was indeed a memorable night ♥ Held a humble gathering at my place, at the clubhouse rooftop area which proved to be really cosy yet having a laidback charm. The party wasn't for jumping the bandwagon but what can I say, I'm clumsy with my words so this was what this small get-together was for :) Nothing too wild or fanciful, just a day for giving thanks to many of you whom have brightened up my life in one way or another for my past 20 years or so. Think lighted tea light candles, fairy lights, clipped on polaroids on wood coloured rope, mats and cushions strewn over the floor - so pleased with the set up! I'm so immensely grateful to all my lovely guests who came by and made an effort to dress hipster style (Best dressed would definitely be my girls Sand and Shiany) especially those who stayed all the way to set things and clear up; and for all the gorgeous letters and gifts I'm so touched :') I'm really blessed to have such a wonderful family who helped me out patiently and fervently with the preparations, and to all my loved ones who selflessly helped out in many ways or another :') God bless you all ♥

It hasn't really sunk into me on turning 21 yet, but it has definitely changed certain perspectives I have on life - crawling out of my shell to see the world and yet not forgetting my place in homeground. And being contented with what we have, even though that's not easy in this modern society. Not to mention of course being an excellent time to give thanks to God for all He has placed in my life - my family, loved ones and friends! Even amidst all the material gifts, I sincerely seek for contentment and to continue to be delighted in His presence, of which this bible verse aptly resounds:

"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4


P.S. Will do up a post for the party soon!

3 comments :

Unknown said...

happy belated bday!:)

http://herbestdiary.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Petalsandpedals said...

Thanks so much Jocelyn and Cheryl! :) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...