Friday 16 August 2013

Home away from Home,

London live bed comfort home

Woke up today only to receive an email from my previous landlord, stating that it would be preferrable for me to physically go down to collect my security deposit I made for my London apartment. Clearly out of the question as I have since moved out of UK a whole month ago, I'm still half gaping at this outrageous request. But anyhow, it did bring back memories of my apartment and I thought about how I would still recognize the same streets and almost every inch of my room (probably already filled up by the new tenants). Nostalgia had me flipping back to my journal 6 months back.

8 February 2013

Settling in has been nothing close to peachy: I recall the hiccups with getting the Carpenter court keys, dealing with heater problems in the cold days of January and opening up my bank account. Two words to sum it all up - British efficiency. Last weekend saw us missing our train to Paris (and frantically trying to get on the next train on) and having a one-day argument with R. Fortunately most of our petty arguments don't last more than 12 hours and we laugh it off after a while because it was pretty much baseless! With all that drama, it was quite timely for I to come visit from Roen, France and D to come visit from Tampere, Finland. Hosting and bringing them around was such a pleasure, it was especially nice to see familiar faces around and I missed their corniness :') They have since gone back to their respective towns. Iceland is next week during the reading period and I'm so stoked for travelling up North.

On the other hand, my coat and duvet are my best friends in winter...as much as my boyfriend's warm embrace. I've also been wearing my leather gloves so often that R says he misses holding my hand outdoors. This makes me smile :') ♥ The walls of my room are done up, adorned with loving smiles of my friends and family back home. I stare at them until my eyelids get heavy before I sleep, how blissful. My cosy bed is slightly creaky; the sink is just a hole in the wall; and my desk has two screws loose - but I'm happy. This is my sanctuary for now and I feel so, so at home. Goodnight.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...