Friday 3 December 2010

Baubles, Bangles and Beads,

Baubles, bangles, bright shiny beads
Sparkles, spangles, your heart will sing, singa-linga
Wearin' baubles, bangles and beads

Frank Sinatra is such an inspiration - love his smooth swing vocals.
Anyhow, it inspired me to dig out my beads collections and get my hands on more (Arab Street and Far East has amazing variety)
Bringing pick n' mix to a new dimension!

Mess of jump rings and bendy wire for the DIY hooks
Dirty gold beads, managed to hook the first one already

Love the clasps
Was looking for the ones which I had on a bracelet from a flea market @ Mt. Sophia (which went missing) but they didn't have those in dirty gold




Oriental handicraft - love the colours, was sieving through the racks for them

I wasn't too neat freak when I was a young girl so my bead collections used to just scatter all over (to my mum's total disapproval) but now it's all different  
Jump rings, twisting wires, threading in beads with a needle and asking Mumsie or my cousin to clasp the ends for me.
But of course, with less nimble fingers than before (thank goodness for a handy pair of pilers)

Good ole trusty rusty pair

Gotta love the natural light streaming into my bedroom - morning rays.
Off to work some magic, and perhaps finish off Tipping Point by Gladwell where I left off!
Rented a couple of DVDs yesterday so perhaps a second consecutive family movie night awaits.
(Shutter island last night was really good, can't type this without even glancing behind my shoulder though)
Work officially starts tomorrow, with Bash stunts and whatnots piling up.
Ready or not, December's starting with that bang.

Update: Finally figured how to toggle off the date stamping on the Canon Ixus
Hahaha my pair of pilers spots the word "MERRY" on its front

See finished product here!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...