Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas reflections,

Blessed Christmas!
The Christmas mood this year seems to be dampened by the erratic weather Singapore's been receiving, but the spirit of Christmas remains ☺
(Even the shopping spirit)

Blessed morning with R's family at church service (Christmas hymns!), giving thanks for the past year - joys and woes alike.
And committing the brand new year into His hands, whatever challenges it may bring along.
Cruised down to Cityhall to brave the crowds for dinner with my family ☺
Amusing time, with the silly pictures and accessories shopping for L's wedding!

Christmas eve dinner





With the Cat's eye bangle





2010 has treated me well (albeit hiccups here and there), and I pray that 2011 continues to be full of experiences.
Here's to everyone who has made such a great impact in the most eventful year of my life yet I daresay, and that I'm truly grateful for being able to share the ups and downs it brought along.
From receipt of my IB results to university applications to anticipating London life to embarking my internship with SPRING to scholarship applications (STB!) to R's enlistment to rejecting UCL to my temp job at PSD to committing myself to church Bible study group to accepting NUS/SPRING to meeting wonderful individuals who have brightened up my school life and in some cases even bringing me closer to God to joining Arts Rag 2010 to being elected up for PRU MC/Bash VPD to my 1st semester exam results to cherishing my loved ones and family more than ever.
It's been such a humbling and growing experience, really.
And I'm truly thankful for Him, indeed when 1 door closes, a few more opens because with Him, there's never a dead end.
2010 has taught me how to work hard and having faith in Him even when it seems like all is lost.
Temptation is always lurking around in that corner, and resistance may not be that escape.
It has also taught me how intangible friendships can be - old friendships always remain gold and can never be replaced. (And how hard it is to sometimes keep up with your once closest friends)
2010 saw me witnessing many beautiful memories, some ugly some sweet.
Relationships in the making, relationships in the breaking.
Love, life, questioning of place and time.

If I had to relive 2010 over all again, I don't think I would have done anything differently.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...